Respect, Responsibility and Resilience are the three values at the heart of our ethos.
At Tebay Primary school we believe that each individual is unique and equal to others regardless of sex, nationality, colour, creed, class, wealth or intellectual ability. We value individuality and we appreciate that everyone has diverse strengths and needs at different times
We aim to enable each pupil to develop fully their individual talents and to use these gifts for the benefit of the society in which they live. We aim for there to be a culture of empathy, care, motivation and engagement that inspires a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning. It is a place where people’s opinions and achievements are recognised and celebrated.
We want pupils to be happy and enjoy their years at the school. Pupils need to know, in the changing society, that they belong and are cared for, that they are valued and helped.
We hope to inspire the caring, sharing, self-disciplined qualities, which will enable our pupils to be a credit to themselves, their family and an asset to society as a whole.
Our commitment to develop the whole child in terms of social, moral, spiritual and cultural learning is intrinsic throughout the entire Academy community.
Tebay aspires to be a vibrant learning setting, where trust is implicit between all stakeholders. It is a happy, safe, warm and caring environment, where everyone is willing to challenge themselves and work together; offering support and encouragement sharing their knowledge, skills and experiences.
Stakeholders stretch their boundaries where achievements are celebrated without a fear of failure.
We are committed to serving the pupils who attend our school. Pupils will be supported and challenged as individuals to ‘be the best they can be’.
We are committed to engaging with the local community to bring education alive at every level.
A goal of continuous improvement
Our goal is for our academy to consistently improve while developing global citizens for the future.
The importance of collaboration
Academy transformation requires strong and stable support. We have an unwavering belief in the power of collaboration to support our staff, which has led to us working successfully with a networks, we will also be involved with a wide range of organisations including local authorities, universities and further education colleges.
With autonomy comes opportunity
We invest in outstanding opportunities for our staff to learn and grow so that, in turn, they are able to invest in our pupils. Our aim is to be as autonomous as possible, yet fully accountable. Flexibility is important rather than a ‘one size fits all’ outlook.
We sign up to share the aims, values and common principles of Cumbria Education Trust.
- A commitment to the achievement, personal development and well-being of all the pupils within our academies
- A commitment to our Golden Rules.
- A commitment to supporting parent and carer engagement and developing the educational experience of their children
- A commitment to the professional development and welfare of all staff
- A commitment to understanding the community context within which the academy operates to promote cohesion and economic regeneration
- An aspiration to ‘be the best you can be’ and operate using the 3Rs: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience
- The development of outstanding teaching which engages pupils and fosters independence
- The empowerment and involvement of pupils the development and delivery of their own education
- A curriculum which meets the needs of all learners.
- A commitment to community involvement and to lifelong community learning Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
RESPECT. RESPONSIBILITY. RESILIENCE. Be the best you can be!